Welcome to
St. John's Primary School
School History

There has been a school in the village of Essington for approximately 150 years. A National School was built in 1846 and was enlarged in 1872, 1888 and again in 1902.

A new Infants' School was built in 1911 and took its first pupils in 1912. The two schools were independent of each other. A new school was built at St. John's in 1968 to replace the outdated buildings and extensions were added to the Infants' School.

In 1975 they became known as St. John's C. of E. Middle and Brownshore First School. Reorganisation in 1985 saw the closure of Brownshore and all schooling was accommodated at St. John's C.E. (C) Primary School.
How to find us

Directions

From the north: From Junction 11 of the M6 take the A462. After approximately 2 miles turn right into Hobnock Road. The school is ½ mile on the right.

From the south: Leave Wolverhampton, going North on the A460 for Cannock. After approximately 4 miles turn right at a small island into Bognop Road and follow it into the village. Turn left at a mini island into Hobnock Road and the school is immediately on the left.

Map Web Link

Location as shown on an external map site